Statements and releases
- STATEMENT: WRI’s Electric School Bus Initiative celebrates historic unionization vote by Blue Bird workers in Fort Valley, Georgia. May 16, 2023.
- STATEMENT: EPA announces $400 million second round of Clean School Bus Program funding to help more communities deliver cleaner and healthier rides for kids. April 24, 2023.
- RELEASE: World Resources Institute’s Electric School Bus Initiative Announces Two New Research Partnerships in the Areas of Tribal Nations and Indigenous Communities and Disability Rights and Justice. March 30, 2022
- RELEASE: "Electrifying School Buses in the Bronx and Beyond” Awarded State Clean Transportation Prize. November 30, 2022
- STATEMENT: WRI heralds historic electric school bus funding through EPA Clean School Bus Program. October 26, 2022
- STATEMENT: EPA announcement reveals overwhelming demand for electric school buses. September 29, 2022
- STATEMENT: Biden Administration's Clean School Bus Program is Charging Ahead & Open for Applications. May 20, 2022
- STATEMENT: New York Enacts First-in-Nation Plan to Electrify All State School Buses. April 7, 2022.
- STATEMENT: U.S. Senate Passes Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill. August 10, 2021
In the news
- How US school buses are going electric, in four charts (Canary). May 15, 2023
- Electric School Buses Will Arrive Sooner Than You Expect (U.S. News & World Report). May 8, 2023
- Charted: The rise of electric school buses (Axios). May 3, 2023
- Electric School Buses Are Catching On, Helped by Federal Funds and New Emission Rules (EdWeek). April 25, 2023.
- Biden-Harris Administration Announces New Private and Public Sector Investments for Affordable Electric Vehicles (whitehouse.gov) April 17, 2023
- School Districts Across the Country Are Getting Electric Buses (The New Republic). January 19, 2023
- Thousands of cleaner, quieter electric school buses to roll out soon in districts nationwide (ABC News). January 17, 2023
- The race to electrify America’s school bus fleet (CNBC). December 12, 2022
- Schools scramble to prepare for $1B in federal money for electric buses (Canary Media). November 28, 2022
- A profound change is coming to American school buses (Washington Post). October 26, 2022
- Electric School Bus Fleet Will Quadruple with $1 Billion in Funding (E&E News). October 26, 2022
- More kids to ride in ‘clean’ school buses, mostly electric (AP). October 26, 2022
- U.S. awards $1 billion to electrify school bus fleets (Reuters). October 26, 2022
- EPA Announces Recipients of Clean School Bus Program Rebate Awards (STN). October 26, 2022
- The Evidence is Clear: Electric School Buses are the Best Choice to Reduce Emissions (STN Partner Update - WRI). September 1, 2022.
- Blue Bird & Lightning to offer ZEV retrofit for school buses (electrive). August 8, 2022
- 5 ways US states can get more electric school buses on the road (GreenBiz). March 1, 2022
- Curbing Climate Change Should Include Electric School Buses (Architectural Digest). February 28, 2022
- 3 Design Considerations For Electric School Bus Vehicle-To-Grid Programs (CleanTechnica - WRI). February 25, 2022
- The Real Cost Of Electric School Buses (Is Lower Than You Think) (CleanTechnica - WRI). February 2, 2022
- Infrastructure Act Funding for School Bus Electrification Will Have Economic Impact (AEE). December 8, 2021
- It's Time School Buses Went Electric (Newsweek). September 29, 2021